Bad Service, Limited Print Monitoring, Decent PR Database 20 August 2014 Reviewer: Ams from San Francisco, CA
60 of 150 people found this review helpful
Level of Media Exposure:
Quality of Releases:
Ease of Use / Navigation:
Ease of Joining / Registration:
Value for Money:
Overall Star Rating:
We've been using Vocus for two years now and I would not recommend this service. We signed up because Vocus claimed they offer international media monitoring, but unfortunately that isn't the case. The only coverage the system really picks up is broadcast and online. They do not monitor any of our key trade publications (B2B company) and nothing on an international level. Also, their service is absolutely terrible. Every time I contact our account rep with a question, it takes multiple emails and phone calls to receive a response. When you call into the 800 number, you can get someone live but that support team can only answer questions about functionality of the database, not any type of question on media monitoring.
- PR database is pretty extensive.
- Ability to distribute media pitches through the database (through a customized approach that doesn't look like Spam).
- Broadcast coverage.
- Must sign a year contract; will not offer a monthly subscription based service.
- Terrible service.
- Very limited print monitoring. Only monitors a few consumer based publications. We pay for another service (Burrelles) for print monitoring.
- No international monitoring.
- No radio monitoring.
- Limited online coverage monitoring.
In summary, I would not recommend Vocus to a friend.